New Patient Registration
The doctors welcome new patients who live within our practice area.
If you live within the practice catchment area (includes all N5 and a number of N4 postcodes), and fulfil the registration criteria you are able to register as a regular patient.
The registration criteria is:
Where patients are wishing to join the practice, the practice does not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender, social class, age, religion, sexual orientation, appearance, disability or medical condition.
The following procedure will be applied to every patient wishing to register.
All prospective patients will meet the following requirements:
1. Current Address must be in Practice Catchment Area
2. Must not have failed to attend/cancel a previous registration appointment
3. Length of Stay in Catchment Area must be of a minimum of 9 months duration and length of stay in UK must be stated as a minimum period of 1 year from date of entry into UK.
4. NHS Number – patient must obtain number prior to registration appointment except where this is the first NHS registration
5. Have separate Proof of Identity and Residency (see below for list of accepted documents)
Proof of Identity – MUST BE PHOTO ID
Asylum Application Papers
Foreign ‘ID’ Card
Proof of Residency –
Rent or Tenancy Agreement
Council Tax Bill - Must be valid in current year
Confirmation letter from Council regarding Electoral Register
Social Security Letter
The practice catchment area is defined by a map. Please note, if you live in boundary roads of the practice area you may not be able to register. Please ask reception for further details.
If you are registering as a regular patient you will be required to make an appointment for a new patient health check with either the health care assistant or practice nurse.
To register you will be asked to fill in a form (GMS1) or you can provide reception with a NHS Medical card, if you have one.
You may print off a registration form, fill it out and bring it in with you on your first visit to the practice.